- Infrastructure and agriculture cess to be levied.
- Excise duty raised from 10 to 15 per cent on tobacco products other than beedis.
- 1 per cent service charge on purchase of luxury cars over Rs. 10 lakh and in-cash purchase of goods and services over Rs. 2 lakh.
- SUVs, Luxury cars to be more expensive. 4% high capacity tax for SUVs.
- Companies with revenue less than Rs 5 crore to be taxed at 29% plus surcharge.
- Limited tax compliance window from Jun 1 – Sep 30 for declaring undisclosed income at 45% incl. surcharge and penalties.
- Excise 1 per cent imposed on articles of jewellery, excluding silver.
- 5 per cent Krishi Kalyan Cess to be levied on all services.
- Pollution cess of 1 per cent on small petrol, LPG and CNG cars; 2.5 per cent on diesel cars of certain specifications; 4 per cent on higher-end models.
- Dividend in excess of Rs. 10 lakh per annum to be taxed at additional 10 per cent.
- No changes have been made to existing income tax slabs.
- Rs 1,000 crore allocated for new EPF (Employees’ Provident Fund) scheme.
- will pay EPF contribution of 8.33% for all new employees for first three years.
- Deduction for rent paid will be raised from Rs 20,000 to Rs 60,000 to benefit those living in rented houses.
- Additional exemption of Rs. 50,000 for housing loans up to Rs. 35 lakh, provided cost of house is not above Rs. 50 lakh.
- Service tax exempted for housing construction of houses less than 60 sq. m.
- 15 per cent surcharge on income above Rs. 1 crore.
- 38,500 crore for Mahtma Gandhi MGNREGA for 2016-17.
- Swacch Bharat Abhiyan allocated Rs.9, 500 crores.
- Hub to support SC/ST entrepreneurs.
- Government is launching a new initiative to provide cooking gas to BPL families with state support.
- LPG connections to be provided under the name of women members of family: Rs 2000 crore allocated for 5 years for BPL families.
- 87 lakh crore grants to gram panchayats and municipalities – a quantum jump of 228%.
- 300 urban clusters to be set up under Shyama Prasad Mukherji Rurban Mission.
- Four schemes for animal welfare.
- 2 lakh renal patients added every year in India. Basic dialysis equipment gets some relief.
- A new health protection scheme for health covers upto 1 lakh per family.
- National Dialysis Service Prog with funds thru PPP mode to provide dialysis at all district hospitals.
- Senior citizens will get additional healthcare cover of Rs 30,000 under the new scheme.
- PM Jan Aushadhi Yojana to be strengthened, 300 generic drug store to be opened.
- Scheme to get Rs.500 cr. for promoting entrepreneurship among SC/ST.
- 10 public and 10 private educational institutions to be made world-class.
- Digital repository for all school leaving certificates and diplomas. Rs. 1,000 crore for higher education financing.
- 1,700 crore for 1500 multi-skill development centers.
- 62 new navodaya vidyalayas to provide quality education.
- Digital literacy scheme to be launched to cover 6 crore additional rural households.
- Entrepreneurship training to be provided across schools, colleges and massive online courses.
- Objective to skill 1 crore youth in the next 3 years under the PM Kaushal Vikas Yojna.
- National Skill Development Mission has imparted training to 76 lakh youth. 1500 Multi-skill training institutes to be set up.
- 3000 crore earmarked for nuclear power generation.
- drawing comprehensive plan to be implemented in next 15-20 years for exploiting nuclear energy.
- to provide incentive for deepwater gas exploration.
- Deepwater gas new disc to get calibrated market freedom, pre-determined ceiling price based on landed price of alternate fuels.
Investments and infrastructure
- 27,000 crore to be spent on roadways.
- 65 eligible habitats to be connected via 2.23 lakh kms of road. Current construction pace is 100 kms/day.
- Shops to be given option to remain open all seven days in a week across markets.
- 55,000 crore for roads and highways. Total allocation for road construction, including PMGSY, – Rs 97,000 crore.
- India’s highest-ever production of motor vehicles was recorded in 2015.
- Total outlay for infrastructure in Budget 2016 now stands at Rs. 2, 21,246 crore.
- New Greenfield ports to be developed on east and west coasts.
- Revival of underserved airports. Centre to Partner with States to revive small airports for regional connectivity.
- 100 per cent FDI in marketing of food products produced and marketed in India.
- of Disinvestment to be renamed as Dept. of Investment and Public Asset Management.
- will amend Motor Vehicle Act in passenger vehicle segment to allow innovation.
- MAT will be applicable for startups that qualify for 100 per cent tax exemption.
- Direct tax proposals result in revenue loss of Rs.1060 crore, indirect tax proposals result in gain of Rs.20,670 crore.
- Total allocation for agriculture and farmer welfare at Rs 35984 crores.
- 5 lakh hectares of land will be brought under irrigation.
- 5 lakh acres to be brought under organic farming over a three year period.
- Rs 60,000 crore for recharging of ground water recharging as there is urgent need to focus on drought hit areas cluster development for water conservation.
- Dedicated irrigation fund in NABARD of Rs.20.000 cr.
- Nominal premium and highest ever compensation in case of crop loss under the PM Fasal Bima Yojna.
- Banks get a big boost: Rs 25,000 crore towards recapitalization of public sector banks. Jaitley says: Banking Board Bureau will be operationalised, we stand solidly behind public sector banks.
- Target of disbursement under MUDRA increased to 1, 80,000 crore.
- Process of transfer of government stake in IDBI Bank below 50% started.
- General Insurance companies will be listed in the stock exchange.
- Govt to increase ATMs, micro-ATMs in post offices in next three years.
CMA Manish Kandpal
Partner-M/s. MM & Associates
Joint Secretary – ISMA
+91 98731 91968, 98733 19834